We’ve seen it countless times; customers’ gas furnaces stop working on the coldest night of the year. It’s a situation you certainly want to avoid, but if it happens to you, you are left with two options, repair or replace. As a general rule of thumb, if your system is under ten years old, repairing the issue is most likely your best bet. The option to replace is viable as well though – modern Carrier systems boast high levels of efficiency and dependability. Our technicians can help lead you to the best decision.
Cleaner, safer equipment and higher industry standards have had a positive and lasting effect on the overall efficiency of gas furnaces over the years. A furnace operates by heating air within the furnace unit by either liquid propane or natural gas and then circulating it through your home through a blower and HVAC air ducts. The warm air is transported through vents in the rooms of your house or business to keep you warm. All winter long, you depend on your furnace to heat your home or business without fail. Dependability and energy efficiency is why we install and prefer Carrier. It doesn’t get much better than our top of the line Infinity® 98 modulating gas furnace with Greenspeed™ intelligence for unprecedented comfort and energy efficiency.
Gas furnaces are up to 98% efficient on the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) rating scale. That means that 98% of the gas fuel is being converted to heat and only 2% is being lost in the chimney.
Benefits of Gas Furnaces
- Natural gas is more energy efficient than oil, saving homeowners hundreds of dollars annually.
- The fuel burns more cleanly and quickly than compared to oil, which means fewer air pollutants are exhausted into the air.
- Gas furnaces require less fuel while heat output is very high.
Carrier’s Top Furnace
INFINITY® 98 GAS FURNACE WITH GREENSPEED™INTELLIGENCE – 59MN7
TAKING EFFICIENCY TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH ADAPTABLE-SPEED TECHNOLOGY
- Consistent temperature management
- Variable-speed blower motor
- Up to 98.5% AFUE
- All sizes achieve ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2012 designation
- Load matching performance delivers just the amount of heat needed for longer, quieter run times while minimizing energy use.
- The quietest furnace you can buy (060V17-14 model/size)
- The most efficient furnace you can buy (060V21-20 model/size)
- Best temperature control management among Carrier® furnaces
- Allows 4 choices of “constant ON” fan speed operation
- Hybrid Heat® compatible
- Exceptional year-round humidity management when installed as part of complete Infinity system with added humidifier
- Can help boost cooling SEER efficiency when matched with appropriate cooling system components
- In zoned systems improves airflow control for greater comfort and quiet
AFUE – Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE is a measure of how efficient the appliance is in converting the energy in its fuel to heat over the course of a typical year.